If you have teenagers...

If you have teenagers... talk to them. Listen to them. You can learn a lot from them. 

I have two of them - aged 14 and 16. Both girls. Both have been watching what is going on in our country, reading and learning.  My older one just finished her US history class during summer, and we have been discussing what she has been learning.  

Recently she came to me and said, "Mom... I kinda feel helpless. I want to do more, to help more, but I am not old enough to vote.  And I don't have a lot of money to donate to causes I want to support."

I told her "Share with me what you learn and what you want to support. Teach me. I can vote and I have money we can donate." 

Soon after our conversation, I read this New York Times Article.  It gave me hope for the future. 

I am ready to listen. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Math Icon Board

Remote Learning Recommendations, part 1

My Personal User Manual