Adding more technology in the classroom

So the last couple weeks I have been adding a little more technology in my classroom. For the last year or two, I have heard about QR codes and using them in a classroom.  I hadn't really bought into them yet, in part because I knew it would be more work for me.

However, we were reviewing how to convert customary and metric measurements and I found this cool activity on Teachers Pay Teachers - Kickin' It with Conversions.  I liked the product and so I decided, let's do it!

It was a big success! I had students working who normally don't want to work.  I heard lots of good math conversations with students teaching students, especially when they saw the right answer and weren't sure why their answer wasn't right.  Here are some photos:




Overall, I was really happy with it. Since then, we have included QR codes in two other activities and I am planning at least one more next week.  

So this does have me thinking... could I... should I flip my classroom next year?  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Math Icon Board

Remote Learning Recommendations, part 1

My Personal User Manual