Wait? I have to get a sub?

   So this week math department has a planning day, and I have to get a substitute. On one hand, I am really looking forward to it. Not only do my partner and I get some planning in and our department gets to collaborate on some topics, we get to go out to lunch! As a teacher, that is a rarity.

   But the flip side of having this planning day is that I won't be in my classroom. And we are learning some new material... So I should be worried. But with the the abundant resources online, I think my students will be okay. My plan is to post specific videos on my website - so the substitute can go onto my website and show the videos I have selected and the kids can revisit them at night when they are doing their homework. It will be ALMOST like I was there :)




   So today's post is about some of my favorite educational video websites (and all are free unless noted). 

Math Playground - It has a bunch of games (great for practice!) but it also has a good video section. 
Learn Zillion - Lots of great math and language arts videos that are searchable by grade level (set up for Common Core)
Study Jams - It has a mix of videos or example problems for a range of math topics.
Math Antics - The awesome math videos are free, and there a bunch of extras for a small cost.
VividMaths - Covers a variety of math tops,  on YouTube (the website is being updated)
Mathmaster.org - Another math website that has covers a variety of math topics (divided by branch of mathematics)
Brainpop - Everyone should know about this (and it's little brother Brainpop Jr) (this requires a fee - most schools have a subscription)
Khan Academy - Lots of math videos, can be searched by grade level, also has science, humanities, and economics, and other subjects.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Math Icon Board

Remote Learning Recommendations, part 1

My Personal User Manual