Hooking my students

In my Alternative Certification Program, they always talked about 'hooking' your students.  You know, getting your students interested in whatever lesson you are about to teach.  I fully admit it is one part of teaching that I am not very good at.

In my quest to find and use technology in my classroom, I came across something that might help me with my 'hooking' problem.  It is called Powtoon!



So far I am just using the free version, but it is giving me what I want.  It took a little playing with to get comfortable with it, but I started with one of their templates to see what did what.  The biggest bonus for me is that uploading to YouTube is so easy!

Here are a couple that I have used (including the one I am using tomorrow).






Anyone else used Powtoon?  I am hoping to have students create their own next year :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Math Icon Board

Remote Learning Recommendations, part 1

My Personal User Manual