Back to Blogging with a Growth Mindset

What a break! I knew it had been a while.... but I thought I had a least written one blog post in 2015. Apparently not.  These last 5 months have been a total blur.

Towards the end of the year, I was asked to be part of a secondary math cadre whose goal is to create resources and review common assessments.  The first session was started with this - Lollipop Moments.

That video, this article, our following conversation, has really inspired me.  I have always believed in the growth mindset, but haven't really known or understood how to share that with my students.  So my summer goal for myself to is read, research, and plan - so that when the new school year starts, I will be able to enable my students to have a growth mindset.

So what's my plan?

1 - Read Mindsets in the Classroom. The MS Math Chat is having a Twitter book discussion on Tuesdays at 7.  Use the hashtag .  I missed the last one, but I am planning on making the others.

2 - Research - I have been pinning lots of articles/activities on Pinterest.

3 - Plan for how I can help my students in the classroom.

Any suggestions for articles/videos/activities? Please share! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Math Icon Board

Remote Learning Recommendations, part 1

My Personal User Manual