Breaking into BreakoutEDU

At one of our ITS team building events, we participated in a Breakout. It was so much fun to problem solve (searching for clues) think critically (finding and deciphering the clues), and collaborate with others in our vertical team.

When I was asked to put something together math-y for our school Teen Tech Week, I jumped at the chance to create a digital BreakoutEDU.  Since I work in a high school and it was right before SXSW (the big music festival here in Austin),  I went with a missing SXSW pass and Algebra I questions. The students had physical boxes but used all the clues online. There is also an all-digital version.




The kids loved it!  They were all engaged, thinking critically, collaborating and communicating. Sounds like something we all should be aiming for, correct?

I had so much fun making them that I have since created two more math-related Breakouts and made my own BreakoutEDU Digital page. 


In a classroom setting, I believe it will be super successful (makes me miss the classroom a little). Have you tried it yet?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Math Icon Board

Remote Learning Recommendations, part 1

My Personal User Manual