Super Stuff for Students to try in Slides!

Google Slides is an useful tool in the classroom for both teachers and students. When I started using Slides, I saw it mainly as a way for teachers to present information to students. But as GSuite usage grows in my own district and throughout the country, I've have come across some Super Stuff for student use of Slides.




As a classroom teacher, I wasn't the best at teaching vocabulary. I didn't focus on it as much as I should have. I wish I had seen this Frayer Model Example back when I was teaching and read Meagan Kelley's blog post. I think something like this would have made vocabulary a little easier for me and more engaging for my students.


When working with vocabulary, matching the word to a definition or picture can be good practice, but all that cutting and gluing of paper drove me nuts.  So when a fellow teacher asked if I could create something similar, I said sure! This Matching Game is my creation.

Although I never taught language arts or reading, I always liked the idea of Magnetic Poetry. I first heard about it on the Google Teacher Tribe podcast, episode 18. One of the hosts, Kasey Bells, shared a great blog post.

Another option for Google Slides is Digital Notebooking. I got the idea from a training that was offered in my district, but I found a couple good videos (one and two) and a blog post that had some helpful hints too. In order for me to fully grasp the concept, I had to make one... or rather two.  I had to make one that was completed...

 

and one that would be the one the teacher would distribute...



And after creating them, I think they are something I would definitely use in my classroom. I really liked how I could put examples and extra resources right at the fingertips of my students.  Granted, this would be my first unit, so it is a lot more leading than I would have expected. But my goal in subsequent units would be to give a bit more freedom and choice in the notebooks. 

What other super stuff can students do with Google Slides? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Math Icon Board

Remote Learning Recommendations, part 1

My Personal User Manual