Stop Motion for Transformations

The CDFMS makerspace has been busy! We recently completed a project with 6th grade science using stop motion to show their knowledge of potential and kinetic energy (future blog post).  One of the math teachers came in, saw what they were doing, and said "I think we could do something like that for transformations.  Could you create something for us?"  Could I? Of course I can!

Since we have iPads in our makerspace, my first completed project was an app-smash between Educreations and iMotion.  Educreations had the coordinate plane background that I needed for my screenshots and iMotion is a free, easy-to-use tool that makes GIFs! (I didn't know that before.. but now I am using it constantly!)


Here is one of my finished projects:






Then I looked at the calendars and realized that some of science teachers have the makerspace booked the days math was hoping utilize the space.  I wondered, "Could I create something similar that they could do on their own?"  Recently, I just seen a tweet referencing this blog post by Eric Curts and voila! The second project was created.

Here is an example:



I love when projects inspire others to try new things! I can't wait to see what else we can do with stop motion!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Math Icon Board

Remote Learning Recommendations, part 1

My Personal User Manual