Differentiated PD

This week I got the opportunity to present whole-group professional development to the teachers on my campus. I know that we have a lot of different levels of technology savvy, so I wanted to differentiate. My focus was on student creation (since we are working toward becoming a Fine Arts Academy) and my goal was for everyone to learn at least one new assessment idea for their class.

In order to reach everyone, and give them something they could reference,  I created a Google Site. For the beginners, I created a Google basics section. This group had their own space. It had stations with checklists for some of the basic productivity skills in Google Calendar, Drive, Gmail and Docs. Teachers would go to whichever station they felt they needed help with. There were instructional videos and step-by-step instructions, all of which was also included on the site. I was very fortunate that two of our campus instructional coaches offered to be the facilitators for those stations. I heard they did an excellent job.





For everyone else, I created sections on the website where there were examples of what students could create as an assessment using Google tools. Google Slides, Docs, Drawing, and Tour Builder were showcased. I did also include Chatterpix and Flipgrid, because both are easy to set up and students can be creative with them. I broke down my examples by tool and by subject, since some teachers want to look at a tool that they’re comfortable with, while others are much more subject focused. Many of the examples were accompanied by either videos that explain how to create those assessments or a blog post that was the inspiration. For my role, I walked around and answer questions as they came up.






Here is the link to my tech tools showcase website. check it out and see what it looks like. Could you present PD in this fashion to your teachers,? What do you think about this type of presentation PD?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Math Icon Board

Remote Learning Recommendations, part 1

My Personal User Manual