Summer Reading 2018: My list and recommendations for others

I have been thinking about the reading I want to do this summer. I found a couple lists, one by Matt Miller, and another by Education Closet, that definitely had some good suggestions.

Here is what I want to read:

Ditch That Textbook: Free Your Teaching and Revolutionize Your Classroom - I am planning a PD that pulls some of the ideas, so I should probably actually read the book, not just the blog.

The EduProtocol Field Guide: 16 Student-Centered Lesson Frames for Infinite Learning PossibilitiesDitch That Textbook: Free Your Teaching and Revolutionize Your Classroom- the title, especially referencing student centered lesson frames, intrigues me.

Preparing Educators for Arts Integration: Placing Creativity at the Center of Learning - my campus is an AVID campus and we are moving towards an AI/AVID campus, so I want to learn more about arts integration.

Social LEADia- bought it at the beginning of the school year and NEED to read it.


My recommendations for others:

Shake Up Learning: Practical Ideas to Move Learning from Static to Dynamic - great book with lots of useful ideas on how to change learning from static to dynamic - plus lots of additional online resources!

Shift This!: How to Implement Gradual Changes for MASSIVE Impact in Your Classroom - a great book about making small shifts in your classroom to make your classroom more student centered and increase personalized learning

Teach Like a PIRATE: Increase Student Engagement, Boost Your Creativity, and Transform Your Life as an Educator- use this book to get great ideas and ignite your passion about teaching

The Wild Card: 7 Steps to an Educator's Creative Breakthrough - get some great ideas on how to be more creative in your classroom


Here is my entire book list on Amazon. Some I have read, but want to read again. What is on your reading list this summer? 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Math Icon Board

Remote Learning Recommendations, part 1

My Personal User Manual