Kimmy's back... back again

It's been such a long time since I blogged! It was my goal to start blogging more at the beginning of the school year, but we have started a lot of new initiatives on my campus and time got away from me.

Here's what I have learned over the last 3 months.

- One of my goals this year was to increase efficient communication. With the help of the assistant principals, we created a staff-only website. Before, there were lots of places where documents were housed, and for many documents, you had to email someone to request it, and then wait for them to reply. Now it is all housed in one spot. While it still a work in progress, and staff is still learning to check there first prior to email, it is an overall win for our team.

 - Change can be hard.

 - When you believe in something, sometimes you have to give more than you planned in order to make it succeed.

 - It doesn't always pay off to be first. All the middle schools in my district received a 'broadcast' setup so that we can have video announcements. Rather than jump in and be one of the first ones to use it (it arrived in the spring), it stayed low on the priority list until May, and other than a few organization decisions, it stayed there. When we returned from summer break, it became a priority and I got it up and running.  Our theatre teacher assembled a crew, and off we went! Now it is entirely student-run, with the exception of adults reading emails/editing scripts.

December can be crazy.. but I am going to try and start blogging again - at least once a week! I think if I can keep it up, it will be helpful when it is time to reflect on the 2018-2019 school year.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Math Icon Board

Remote Learning Recommendations, part 1

My Personal User Manual