Emoji love

I was searching through my Drive recently and I found a file that mentioned emojis.  Students love emojis and from what I have seen, including them definitely can up the engagement factor.  So I did more digging in my Google Drive to see what else I had saved from amazing educators and below is what I found.  I haven't had the chance to try any of them, but I included some thoughts below where they might work...

MATH - Multiple Step Emoji by Lindsay Foster
  This would be great for any problem solving in a math class, especially when practicing operations with whole numbers.  You could modify it with integer chips for integers or algebra tiles. I have this for algebra tiles - I unfortunately can't find who created it.

Emoji Texting Template by Nadine Gilkison
  This texting template could be great for discussing almost anything! From theme in English class to vocabulary in History to scientific observations! Students could even collaborate to deepen their understanding.

No Talking Template by Nadine Gilkison
   This is another great template to have students discuss their learning in a new, fun way!

Guess the Book Title with Emojis by Kaitlin Klein
   This is a great example on how to use emojis to get students to review vocabulary. Better yet - have students create one or two and then have the whole class play!

Share your thoughts on... (using emojis)
   I really like this one for student feedback.  It could be about the book they read (a great way to track reading other than AR quizzes or reading minutes) or about how they felt about the last test or a hard homework question.

Can you think of other uses for any of these Emoji ideas?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Math Icon Board

Remote Learning Recommendations, part 1

My Personal User Manual