Day 2: Technology goals

It's day 2 and I am supposed to talk technology... should be easy, right?

I have a LARGE goal for technology. My vision is warm-ups as Google Forms or Socrative quizzes to see where kids are, then they head to centers - videos or small group (with me) for more learning, a center for practice or a space for enrichment.  Lofty but totally doable, right?

And if I was in the same grade as last year, with the same TEKS, I think I would be able to do it. But moving up a grade, the great state of Texas changing the TEKS on us (48% change in 7th grade math), and wifi issues (recently fixed) have slowed this vision.  But that is still my ultimate goal - it might just take a year or two.  

So I think my big goal for tech this year is to get kids to create with tech. I already did one small project with my Accelerated students (link here to school blog), and it went well enough that I want to try it again, and expand it.  I am searching for other ideas as well, so if you know any, please share! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Math Icon Board

Remote Learning Recommendations, part 1

My Personal User Manual