The other side of summer - the fun side!

For me (and for most teachers), summer break is a double-edged sword.  On one side, I need time to organize my house, catch up on my fun reading list, and watch too much HGTV.  On the other side, this is the time for professional development, reading educational material, and gathering ideas to make next year amazing.  Since my last two blog posts have been about the educational side, I thought I should share some of my summer fun.

Summer started fast! We spent our first weekend of summer camping with our friends.




Soon after we returned home from our fun weekend with our friends, Jason and I headed to New York City for our 15th wedding anniversary.  We walked A LOT.  We got to see a taping of The Daily Show with Jon Stewart, "A Gentleman's Guide to Love and Murder" and "Act of God" with Jim Parsons.  


 We didn't make it to the Empire State Building, but we found a great place called the Press Lounge that had amazing skyline and river views.


In all of our wanderings, we found Federal Hall, the spot where George Washington took the oath of President back in 1789.   I had no idea that he was inaugurated in NYC!




Once we got home, we headed south to New Braunfels and went to Schitterbahn! 




We had a relaxing Independence Day weekend. We got to swim with our neighbors and went to Round Rock Frontier Days celebration to see some pig races, a shootout re-enactment, and of course, fireworks!



(I had to get a photo of her smiling)


Of course, I am perusing Twitter and Pinterest for school ideas, but I am trying to enjoy my summer! We still have some fun planned - and I can't wait! 








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Math Icon Board

Remote Learning Recommendations, part 1

My Personal User Manual