Balance - My #oneword for 2016

I should blog more... I know it is a good reflection practice and I feel like a struggling teacher again. But finding time to write and topics to discuss is hard.  But the best way to get back on this metaphorical horse is to just write.

My #oneword for 2016 is BALANCE.

Looking back, I feel like I didn't have a lot of balance in my life this year.  During the school year, I was all work.  Summer, I was all about being a bum.  I only remember reading 2 books this year... and for me, that is shocking.  I usually read at least 10 books a year (it was way more when I wasn't a teacher).  I have a list a mile long of projects I want to complete in my home - but none have been accomplished in the last 6 months.

So this year, I will be more about balance.  I will not be 100% immersed in work but I will also not be a total 100% bum. I will accomplish more on my long-term lists.  I will actually start exercising.

I will work on being balanced.

What is your #oneword?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Math Icon Board

Remote Learning Recommendations, part 1

My Personal User Manual