Short week but chock-ful of technology!

This week was a short school week, thanks to the Martin Luther King Jr holiday on Monday and the sleet/ice/freezing temps that Austin got on Thursday night/Friday morning.  But it was chock-ful of technology!

After much deliberation, I decided to let my accelerated students bring their own devices everyday to aid in their learning. This is just a trial run with 2 of my 5 classes.  We had a discussion on Tuesday about how the devices could be used in note-taking (notes app, Evernote, etc) and they could also use the devices to take pictures of notes/activities/warm-ups. I advised my students that this will continue as long as the devices were used appropriately and they maintain their grades.  Goofing off - BYOD gone.  Bad grades - BYOD gone.  

So it was interesting to see my students pull out their devices on Wednesday to use as planned.  I was expecting pictures of the notes but they even took pictures of the warm-up!  Here are a couple photos (with my lovely art skills to disguise my students):







The next day they took a quiz that I had written as Google Form.  I like how the answers get recorded in Google sheet and I can review them that way.  I know there are ways to improve the speed of the grading (formulas comparing cells or Flubaroo) but this quiz was short answer and their answers weren't uniform.  But they were happy to be in the computer lab and I was happy we are trying new things! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Math Icon Board

Remote Learning Recommendations, part 1

My Personal User Manual