ISTE 2018 Day 1

Full disclosure: I am dictating this into my Google Keep app and was pasted in Blogger later.

So here I am, my first time at ISTE 2018. I’m a little overwhelmed. There are a lot of people and a lot of things to do. I’ve already taken at least four sessions off my agenda (due to lines) and stood in line for 45 minutes to be the last person allowed into a session.

I’m currently sitting in a session, waiting for it to start. I literally picked it because the door was open and they were still letting people in when I walked by. I have also heard of one of the presenters, so that made it easier to walk in.  

Later that day: so the second session was totally worth it- ‘Let’s Make a Deal’! It was fun and engaging and I won a free book! I learned about some fun Maker options (including some I hadn’t heard of) and I can’t wait to dive into all the resources they shared with us. 

The third session of the day I got to see my friend Melissa from Magnolia ISD. Even though it was directed at elementary, there are quite a few ideas that we can use in middle school.  My two favorites were podcasting and digital portfolios. Both are on my list to show my staff in the fall. 


Overall, it was an okay day. Hoping for less lines tomorrow and that I remember it takes longer to get places than I think. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Math Icon Board

Remote Learning Recommendations, part 1

My Personal User Manual