ISTE Day 2

My first session with Eric Curts was awesome! I knew about a couple of his ideas for Google slides, but I definitely learned some new things in his session. I’m convinced I’m going to teach Pear Deck to my teachers in the fall - I think they will really like it. ISTE note - find the sessions with early registration (free) and go to those first. You will feel like you have accomplished something with your day. 




Bathroom lines are long. Coffee lines are longer. I wandered the expo for a hot minute and decided that’s not my scene. I don’t want to waste my time (or the vendors) on products I am not authorized to buy. 

I tried to get into a Google session about PD…but that didn’t happen - 15 minutes prior the line was already super long for the session that started in 45 minutes. Maybe I’ll try again tomorrow. (Looking back - my self-diagnosed ADD was kicking in - I was losing focus). 

I sat in a session about Google tips and tricks. I did learn a few new tricks - I didn’t know you could change the URL of a Google doc(slide/sheet) to export to PDF.  Scrolling Twitter I saw that Alice Keeler was going to be presenting in the expo hall, so I left my session to go see her. (More looking back - ADD in high gear

I follow Alice on Twitter and I read her blog regularly (can’t give up my math teacher roots) but it was a nice surprise to learn about something entirely new in her presentation. I never thought about having the kids take screenshots of all their Google searches and include their thoughts and feelings in their work.  I really liked her ‘eat the brownie’ challenge, and I want to share that with my math instructional coach and teachers. 

After that, I headed to the Ed Tech Coaches playground. It was nice to chat with others and talk about some of the challenges of our jobs. I got some fun swag for my badge.     

Last thing I did… I ran into my friend Cori from Georgetown ISD. We talked a few minutes about what we’ve been learning, and collaborated on some upcoming events for TCEA Region 13.

Next day reflection: ADD was in high gear. I had a hard time getting focused after a few misses yesterday, and my step count/foot pain will attest to that. Hoping Day 3 will be better



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Math Icon Board

Remote Learning Recommendations, part 1

My Personal User Manual