Sometimes low-tech is best

My students are learning about integer operations this week.  I have read that integers are where a lot of algebra students struggle, so I wanted to make sure that my students got some good integer practice.  I did some searching for something technological (and I do have a Blendspace lesson for review, which we did use) but most days, I did not have access to the computers we would have needed.

So I needed a new plan - and came across Integer War! We played it for addition and multiplication and my students loved it! Some played in groups of 2, and others, to extend their learning, played in groups of 4!

Here are some photos of my students:






They loved it! They were so loud and crazy and engaged that I videotaped my classes for about 30 seconds and showed them the videos at the end of class. It was amazing.

It reminded me that some days technology is not needed for learning.  Just imagination.


Comments

  1. Just a side note: Skitch may be more useful when posting pix of kids. They have a pixelated tool that pixelizes any portion of the photo you want. Looks more natural. It's in the App Store.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Math Icon Board

Remote Learning Recommendations, part 1

My Personal User Manual