Math Icon Board

In my job, I am always looking for new ideas to share, whether it is a new activity or a new twist on an established one. Recently I got an email from Matt Miller at Ditch That Textbook with this idea -  an icon board for visual thinking. I really got me thinking about how it could be used... and what other icon boards could be created.

Since I am a former math teacher, that is where my mind heads - to math.  I started looking at the icons in the Insert Icons for Slides add-on, and sure enough, I found plenty that apply to math. So I started adding them, and thus creating my Math Icon Board




My goal was to add icons that could be utilized in a variety of math and science classes. Obviously I do not have everything, partly because I couldn't find it or it didn't come to mind during my creation.

When students use this, my suggestion is that they copy the icon (either by right-clicking and choosing copy OR hitting ctrl and C keys at the same time) and then pasting it. They may have to move the pasted icon. If they have the add-on, they could always search for more icons. Just one word of warning, find/change your color first before selecting your icon. It is impossible to change the icon color once it is selected.

Can you see  other classes where the Math Icon Board could be used?





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remote Learning Recommendations, part 1

My Personal User Manual