Jumping back in to the blog

It's been a while since I blogged here... why you might ask?

Well, I think the biggest reason I took a break is because I started a online masters program.  When done, I will have a Masters in Educational Technology Leadership from Lamar University.  I highly recommend it. I feel like I have learned a lot on a flexible schedule for a reasonable price.  I will also have a principal certification. That is not why I selected this program, but I feel like the leadership classes and practicum activities are guiding me on my leadership journey.  Balancing work, school, and a family has been a challenge - hence, less blogging.

Plus, I have been feeling a little out of sorts.  Couldn't really put my finger on it, but I didn't feel quite like me - happy and looking for silver linings.  My personal life is going great - kids are good, hubby and I going strong, everyone is happy and healthy. But I felt off.

I didn't know if I would write again, but this week something happened that inspired me a little.
I heard from a colleague that someone referenced something I created as a resource in a TCEA session they were teaching. That made my heart sing! Something I did could help more teachers than just those I help in my school and my district.

The next day, at TCEA myself, I had a mini-epiphany.  All the sessions I chose to were related to creating something, whether it was students creating, me creating for better productivity - all creating. Then I realized I hadn't really created anything in awhile. I hadn't taught an organized professional development session since the summer - most PD I have lead has been one on one. I haven't been prioritizing time to create things to share with teachers or other ITS and I missed it.  I think that is what was off with me - I missed my creative outlet.

So I am pledging it here - to spend more time creating - to prioritize the creating process. And I am willing to help others as well. Do you need help creating something?  Find me on Twitter at @kmwassmuth and let me know - I would love to help you create!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Math Icon Board

Remote Learning Recommendations, part 1

My Personal User Manual