Day 3: Getting better as a teacher

In the blogging challenge, I am supposed to pick one thing that was noticed at a recent observation.

Last week, my instruction coach mentioned that my teaching partner and I need to do a better job of talking about our objectives for the day.  We both have them listed on the board, but I guess she and I forget to talk about them most days.

After my coach mentioned it, I have been paying attention to whether or not I say anything.  I know I talked about objectives on Monday but not so much on Wednesday.  I know this is probably a simple thing for most teachers, but I guess it is something I forget. When I look back on each class, there is such a rush to get moving so we have as much practice time as possible in class that I forget to take a minute to talk about our goals and objectives.

So this is definitely something I need to work on.  Maybe blogging about it will keep it in the forefront of my mind.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Math Icon Board

Remote Learning Recommendations, part 1

My Personal User Manual