Days 9 and 10: All about me

So in the blogging challenge, days 9 and 10 are about me. 

Day 9: Share one of your biggest accomplishments in teaching.  

  I still don't know what I did, or how it happened, but something wonderful happened. Last year, I had one inteverntion class with 15 students. Some days this class was the highlight of the day, other days it was the class I just needed to get through.  We played games, we did homework, we talked and shared, and 3 days a week we did a computer program called Think Through Math.  We get to April and the wonderful/dreaded state assessments. Kids take them and then we wait for their scores.  Like or not, these scores are one way teachers are judged.  And like I said, I don't know how it happened, but 9 of my 15 darlings passed the test! I cried.  I don't know if I will ever hit a highlight like this.   






Day 10: Share:

  • Share five random facts about yourself.
    • My favorite number is 8.
    • I was born in Kentucky.
    • I wanted to be an actress when I was younger.
    • I can't wear navy and black together. 
    • Right now I am addicted to Twitter. 
  • Share four things from your bucket list.
    • Visit Shakespeare's home. 
    • Kiss my husband on the top of the Empire State Building.
    • Be an extra in a movie.
    • Own a convertible.
  • Share three things that you hope for this year, as a “person” or an educator.
    • To integrate technology purposefully in my classroom.
    • To keep my "bubble kids" above the passing line, especially since most of them don't have an intervention class anymore (due to passing STAAR)
    • To not beat myself up too much when I don't live up to my own expectations. 
  • Share two things that have made you laugh or cry as an educator.
    • My students make me laugh, although lately not as much as I would like.  
    • I cried at the end of last year when some of my students (who hadn't passed STAAR in years prior) actually passed the math STAAR.
  • Share one thing you wish more people knew about you.
    • I actually get nervous before speaking in front of a group. 
Feel like you know me better?  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Math Icon Board

Remote Learning Recommendations, part 1

My Personal User Manual