Days 7/8: Inspiration and a desk drawer?

Okay, so it is a day late...

First up, Who inspires me?
This one is easy.  I am inpsired by pretty much every teacher I work with or meet.  Some exude a passion I want to emulate.  Some have amazing skills that I want to acquire.  Some create relationships with students with such ease that I just stand there, in awe.  Some keep giving and giving when it is obvious their tank is empty.  Every day I see or hear something inspiring, something pushing me to be a better planner, a better listener, more giving - basically just a better teacher.  And I can't wait to find something inspiring tomorrow...


Second, My desk drawer tries to be organized, but it isn't.
I have cute little bins and started the year with all my pens and pencils and post-its in the right spot.  But over 10 weeks time, that organization has dwindled.  The bins are still there but some are more full than others. Their contents are mixed.  I guess what it says about it is that my desk organization isn't high on my priority list.


So why are these two together? 
I thought about combining them, and for a moment, I thought they wouldn't go together.  As I sat here typing, I realized that one is the result of another.  My drawer is a disaster because given the choice, I would rather be listening to other teachers, hearing their stories, learning and gleaning what information I can.  I am a people person. I love talking to others, sharing what I have learned and hoping to learn more. I want to be inspired on a daily basis, and the only way to do that is to be in the halls, in the office, and in the teacher's lounge.  I hope to inspire others.  Only when everything else is done will I spend a few minutes organizing my drawer, geting it back to pre-school state.  So as long as my drawer is a disaster, to me, that means I am spending my time on better things - things that can make me a better teacher.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Math Icon Board

Remote Learning Recommendations, part 1

My Personal User Manual